VICTORY IN JESUS




Last week our family went to campmeeting, a week long spiritual retreat for the whole family. Each year, our church conference selects a theme that everything revolves around. And this year it was "Victory in Jesus.' How I loved that theme! There's victory over the devil when we come to the cross of Calvary and give our lives to Christ. There's victory when one soul becomes part of the family of God. And there's victory as we grow in Jesus. He provides heaven's power to overcome every sin and temptation! 




For the gospel is the 'power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes' (Romans 1:16). That power is also found in His mighty Word, for the same power that brought life to this world will bring new life to our hearts. Every day I may be 'born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever' (1 Peter 1:23). For as Jesus says, 'The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life' (John 6:63). Through that word, the Holy Spirit gives strength to live for Jesus and to live like Jesus. How I need to be filling my mind with the mind of God--soaking in His Word, bathing my mind with the promises and commands of Scripture,memorizing these words so I may grow in His grace. 




I praise God that the Spirit also comes as I pour out my heart to Jesus. Prayer empowers me to say no to every temptation (Matthew 26:41). So our Savior invites us to 'come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need' (Hebrews 4:16). As we near the finish line and the soon coming of Jesus, how we need Pentecostal prayer--that God's work may be completed in us personally and also in all the world! 




As I've been meditating on victory this morning, I am so encouraged by God's word to me in Revelation 12:11. I am so thankful that Jesus provides all I need in order to be a victorious Christian. "And they overcome him [that is, the devil] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death." Accepting Christ's death in my life bring's heavenly power so I can die to sin. Sharing what Jesus is doing for me gives me strength; my words may impact others, but they also have a saving impact on me. And though I may not give my life as a martyr, each day I may live a surrendered life, so that no matter what comes from my Father's hand, I can be willing to accept His will for me. When I would rather die than disobey God even in my thoughts or feelings, there will be no obstructions in my life. Nothing will impede the Spirit from flowing in with His fullness! Lord, please help me experience complete victory, so Jesus will be seen in me and I can speak freely and boldly of Your saving love! In Christ's precious name, I pray. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment