WITH ALL YOUR HEART

A new journey with God can begin with a question, sometimes with just a little word. It happened one morning as I was reading Jeremiah 29:13. For some reason, my mind did  a double-take when I read these words: "You shall seek Me and find Me when you search for me with all your heart." It wasn't like I'd never seen this before. After all, they were underlined in my Bible. But I felt drawn to its simple message in a new way, especially as I looked at one little word. All. What did that word mean in my journey with God?
     At first, the words 'surrender ALL to Jesus' came to mind. Was that the answer. But somehow, it didn't seem enough. It failed to touch me where I was. As I kept looking, I seemed to hear the Spirit say, "Come closer. Dig deeper." And that's where my journey began--a journey that's taken me beyond the casual touch.



     I know there's a ton of things to distract us from this journey. Our schedules are packed and the world keeps pushing in all directions. But no other journey is more worth our time than this one. For "this is eternal life that they may know You, the one true God and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:3). The depth of our commitment to God is the single most important factor that prepares us for heaven. Someday, we will follow the Lamb wherever He goes (Revelation 14:4). Heaven will be continual communion with Him. So, if we want to follow Him then, we must begin here. 
     

I know that in many hearts, the inquiry arises, Where shall I find Jesus? There are many who want His presence, want His love and His light, but they know not where to look for Him...And yet Jesus does not hide Himself away; no one need search for Him in vain. 'Behold,' He says, 'I stand at the door and knock; if any man hear His voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me' (Revelation 3:20). Jesus invites us to accept His presence. We are to open the door of the heart, and let Him in--Our High Calling, EG White, pg. 55.


My Prayer
Dear Lord, my heart is open. Come inside and live with me today. Teach me to be a seeker of Your heart. In Jesus' precious name, I ask this. Amen.


SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS


4 comments:

  1. I'll stand with you in that prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, John! I'm glad to have you as a prayer partner!

      Delete
    2. Somehow, this was hid on my iGoogle page. I, too, join you in this prayer.

      Delete
  2. I join you too! For some reason I van not find your blog link....The only reason I found it this time is cause dad number 2 shared it.

    ReplyDelete