A NEW MARRIAGE

I ran in search of exciting things, 
where I was in full control.
I had no hunger for what Christ brings, 
of the life He could bring to my soul.
I turned on the TV and watched instead 
all the sit-coms, the games and the shows,
not realizing that my heart was dead, 
so in need of the joy God bestows.


But one day, I heard Him call me away 
from the pull and the world and its sin
to a marriage where I would always stay 
and He would dwell within.
As I feast my eyes upon the love 
that He has lavished on me,
I'm drawn to only Christ above 
and I long for His purity.

My tastes are changing every day, 
not by force but through His love.
And the world can't make any headway, 
for my thoughts are on Him above.
Now, I feel the touch of His gentle hand 
as I walk serene by His side.
And He speaks to me of His love firsthand. 
To me--His adoring bride!


I sit at His feet to hear His heart, 
how His heart is beating for me.
So I've given Him mine and we'll never part
for His love has set me free!

© By Susan Gilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment